Monday, March 2, 2009

Sausage-Rice Casserole

I had to give this recipe a try because it had sausage and mushrooms; two of Scott's favorite things. He loved it. I often like to try new recipes. I can always tell how much he likes it. He will either tell me everyone who needs a copy of the recipe or he will talk about "the next time we have it." I hope your family enjoys it a much as we did. (sorry, no picture at this time).

Sausage-Rice Casserole

1 (6oz) box Uncle Ben's long-grain and wild rice
1 pound ground sausage
2 small onions, chopped
1 (4oz) can mushroom pieces
1 (10 3/4 oz) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter

Preheat oven to 350°. Cook rice according to directions on box. In a heavy skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until thoroughly done, about 4 to 5 minutes; drain. Combine all ingredients except butter and pour into casserole dish. Dot top with butter. Bake until bubbly, about 25 minutes.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment